Friday, January 24, 2014

Photo Ornament

Photo Ornament

Supplies:
  • Photos
  • Red and Green card stock
  • hole punch
  • ornament hooks
  • red ribbon
  • small silver foil muffin or petit fours cups
Directions:
This year I made simple photo ornaments for christmas. I took a close up photo of santa and cut out his face in a circle (approx. 3").
Then I used the computer to make a series of circles (about 6 to a page) slightly larger in diameter than the photo circle. I copied these onto green card stock and cut them out. Then I made another circle, slightly larger than the green one, and put a small rectangle above it, to be an ornament shape. I erased the bottom of the rectangle so I had a continuous ornament-shaped outline. In the ornament shape I printed "Happy Holidays" and then copied the whole thing as many times as I could fit on a page. Then I copied that onto red card stock and cut out. Then glued the photo to the green circle, and then that was glued onto the red ornament shape so the writing was on the back. Then punched a hole in the top rectangle, hooked on an ornament hanger, slipped a very small silver bells over the hook and top of the ornament, and tied a red ribbon bow above the bells. Now you have a photo ornament.

No comments: